Head of Events and Experiences
parcelLab is growing fast internationally and we're looking for highly motivated and talented individuals to join us.
We are looking for a full-time Head of Events and Experiences to join our Marketing Team based out of our office in either Munich or London.
We have ambitious plans to grow and we want you to help us get there! You’ll do that by putting on various events and find new ways to get brands to discover the parcelLab platform. Success will be defined by delivering an events strategy that brings new organisation into our pipeline, whilst also growing our brand awareness globally. We know that in events no two days are the same so you will be proactive and adaptable, confident in your own ability and excited to take ownership and deliver the best possible experience.
What you’ll be doing is:
- Developing and ensuring the execution of a global events strategy; including conferences, exhibitions, awards, partnered events, events we host, digital events such as webinars and podcasts
- Managing the commercial side of events, negotiating packages, managing the budget, inventory, and all costs
- A team lead for our Events team; coaching and managing the team to conceptualise and deliver all our events and their own development
Setting the strategy:
- Identifying where we should be, and in what capacity (such as speaking, exhibiting etc.) so we have a chance to share what we do and why!
- Deciding what events, we want to host; partner in or participate in one way or another
- Seeking and securing long term partners that will provide commercial benefit to us, with lead collaboration etc.
- Expand our digital events offering through webinars and podcasts for example
- Work along press agencies/freelancers to distribute upcoming developments/news and also pitch us for expert sessions
Managing each event, from concept thru execution and follow up:
- Setting goals for each event that align and contribute to our yearly KPIs/OKRs
- Sourcing venues and speakers where necessary (internally & externally)
- Managing supplier and stakeholder relationships, including all related tasks
- Managing all logistical ins and outs for each event
Work alongside other teams in the business to:
- Create and execute marketing campaigns that drive awareness and engagement for each event
- Filling our funnel! Setting a lead target for each event and then supporting the development of lead communications
- Communicating to our wider team (sales + customer success + others) so they have all of the info they could ever need for any upcoming events!
Work alongside our customers and partners:
- Inspire them to talk about us at events, webinars etc. Build a good network of our customers to engage with
Why you should become part of our crew:
Besides our values, our fun and open work culture and the diverse international team who you would work with, there are many reasons that make parcelLab a unique place to work:
- The chance to actively shape our success and to grow with your tasks and responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
- Brand new Macbook
- A product that gives its customers real pleasure. No kidding.
- We celebrate our success regularly at joint team events
- Central, modern offices in Munich, London and Paris
- A motivated international team, which consists not only of work colleagues, but friends
What you need to succeed:
- Extensive experience in managing successful events, from concept thru execution and break down
- Having a collaborative approach. You quickly build trusted relationships to engage key stakeholders and will see real value in engaging the wider team to achieve our ambitious mission and goals.
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong sense of urgency, an ability to meet changing priorities and demanding timescales and have the resilience
to skilfully handle challenge and setbacks.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing commercial strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Being open to self-analysis and feedback. You’ll have learning and development as an integral part of your DNA. You learn from failure and accept mistakes as a natural part of the journey.
- Able to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Know your way around budgets and managing and reporting against them
- Wider event industry understanding and knowledge
- 3 years+ of high-level event management
- Fluency in an additional European language (preferably French)
parcelLab is the leading Operations Experience (OX) platform for engaging post-sales experiences and communications. We already enable over 500 brands, online retailers and distributors (B2C/B2B) like MediaMarkt, IKEA, Nespresso, Puma, Lidl and many more to regain control over their end-to-end customer journey, thus ensuring an excellent post-sales customer journey.
Instead of handing over the customer relationship to third parties like DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc., with parcelLab, businesses retain all customer touchpoints in a curated manner within their own ecosystem, ensuring a consistent brand experience, proactive customer care and maximised cross-selling through automated communication during the post-sales customer journey.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success. Help generate new business with top-name companies, and enjoy being part of our amazing parcelCrew!
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you!